15 Psychological Tricks That Will Do Wonders
We have all been fans of Sherlock Holmes at some point in our lives, and wished to be psychologically similar to him. There may have been situations where one simply doesn’t know how to respond back, how to behave in a situation or how to connect with someone and also tricks for it. Even though every human being is unique in his or her own sense, but then what are psychologists there for, to provide tricks. Some of the scenarios for which we could find valid escape sequences are:
1. If the answer doesn’t suit you — for example, the person you are talking to left something unsaid wasn’t clear, or lied — don’t ask again. Instead, simply look silently and attentively into his or her eyes. This technique will get him or her cornered, and the person will be forced to continue his or her thoughts.
2. If someone yells at you – make an effort to keep calm and stay absolutely impassive. The first reaction of a loudmouth is usually anger, which your behavior can provoke, but it will quickly subside. Then the next reaction will fade in — the sense of guilt for his or her defiant and aggressive behavior. Most likely, the insulter will be the first to ask for forgiveness.
3. If you know that a person is going to criticize you (make comments or blame you), gather your courage and try to sit or stand beside him or her. In this case, the person will relent and say less negative things about you than if you were at a distance.
4. If you’re really worried – chew some gum. Eating food has often been associated with peace and security and since we mostly eat at home, surrounded by our own walls, we tend to feel secure in that way more often. Eating chewing-gum will trick your brain making the impression that you are eating and there is nothing to worry about, so you will feel more confident and relaxed after a while.
5. Worried before an interview? An old and proven method being used by many students in exams is that they imagine the professor is their good and close friend, so they feel calmer, and it becomes easier for them to find right answers to the questions. This technique is effective in other similar situations as well.
6. Here’s a little Sherlock trick – If everyone in a group starts laughing at once, everybody instinctively looks at the person who they like most, or with whom they want to get closer. Therefore, observe everyone’s eyes after a successful joke — you will learn a lot.
7. Meeting someone is no longer a headache – Try to express more happiness than usual towards the person. For example, smile sincerely or try to say his or her name gently and warmly. Over time, you will start referring much better to this person and the pleasure of meeting will be sincere.
8. Want your peers to be more humble, polite and kind? It is often possible that your work is connected to people where they may often behave rather rudely. Well, the solution is rather simple. Put a mirror behind your workplace, so your interlocutors will always see their reflections. As a rule, people always try to look their best in a mirror and don’t want to see themselves as evil nor harmful. So, they will smile more for sure!
9. If you want to catch the attention of a person you like – Stare at something directly behind his or her shoulders. Once you realize that you had caught the person’s sight, quickly look into his or her eyes and gently smile. It works like a charm!
10. We can control our stress, really! When you are very worried, you begin breathing deeper, and your heart starts pounding faster. Try to force yourself to breathe calmer and balance your heartbeat. Trust us — it’s in your power.
11. In order to woo a person in your first meeting and get his or her sympathy, try to specify the color of his or her eyes when you meet. Eye contact always works effectively. Also, to build effective eye contacts try to stare in his/her eyes for as long as possible and notice features like distance between eyes, color of iris, movement of eyes etc.
12. Want your proposal to be selected? Initially, raise the bar while declaring any requirements or terms. Most likely, a person won’t agree to them, and refuse. However, he or she would definitely agree on the actual terms that you would offer later. People tend to cave in to your smaller request if they have denied you something bigger before.
13. If a certain song is stuck in your head and you would love to forget it – try to think of the end of the song. Our brain tends to remember the things that we’ve left unfinished.
14. Become an ultimate ‘Rock, paper, scissors’ champion! To win at the ‘Rock, Paper, Scissors’ game, right before playing it, ask your opponent a random question. Most of the time your confused friend will throw ‘scissors.’
15. Focus on what your bargaining partner is gaining to get them to agree to your offer – While negotiating you should emphasize to your partner what they’re about to gain as opposed to what they’re losing .That way, you’ll be able to persuade your partner to see things from a different perspective, and they’ll probably be more likely to concede.
You may be interested
IMPORTANT TIPS TO RENOVATE YOUR HOUSE IN BUDGETmoondela - Jul 19, 2017
Everyone wants that their house look more beautiful and more attractive. If you hire any architecture he will take so much money to renovate your house. So…
Digital Ads: A Effective Way to Promote Your Businessmoondela - Jul 08, 2017
Google Adwords and Facebook Ad Campaign are today on top of digital Ads. Have you ever thought of an alternative of these? They are not the only…