5 Reasons Why Joe Biden Won
Since the start of this year, a lot has been talked and discussed about the presidential elections of the world’s oldest democracy. With a pandemic still around, there were some obvious questions like – will elections take place? Will the result be fair? But as the Apex court gave the permission for elections to take place, the elections starting from 13th November, Trump vs Joe Biden, are finally finished and the result is out!
With Biden crossing the magic figure of two seventy electoral votes, Joe Biden- Member of the Democratic Party has become the president-elect of the United States of America.
Why Is The Loss Of Trump Historical?
In the one-twenty-year-old history of the United States, there have been only a few instances where incumbents have lost! Trump became the first president in twenty-eight years to lose re-election. Since the last hundred years, only four presidents have lost re-elections with Trump becoming the fifth!
Let’s look at the top five factors which favored Joe Biden in the presidential elections 2020.
1. Experience: Biden has been in public office for almost 50 years! With his career starting in the late 1960s he contested his first elections for his county in the year 1969 and in the year 1972 he became a member of the United States Senate and for the past forty-eight years, he has played an active part in Washington politics. Also, for eight years he served as Vice-President along with Barack Obama as President. Along the journey, Biden won Senate elections nine times in a row. With such vast experience, the Democratic Party supported him even though he was not a front-runner in their primaries.
2. A Campaign Based on the Message of Unity: Throughout his campaign, unity was amongst the most important points stressed by Joe Biden. Even on his website(https://joebiden.com/presidency-for-all-americans/), a message of unity is displayed at the very top. He always stressed the changing racial breakdown in the United States. His message was clear that he will take everyone with him, not a single community will be left behind. His message of inclusivity and unity was heard loud and clear by all the fellow Americans!
3. Efficient Policies: With the Black Lives Matter movement gaining some momentum he gave his full support to those minorities but at the same time he made sure that there was no support to, “Defund the police”, this message from his side. Thus, he showed that he is not against the institutions, but he is very vigilant about sensitive issues like civil rights. His focus was more on values like – empathy and decency. During the primaries, every one from his party was leaning towards extreme left policies, but he held on to his centrist policy even though many said that his policy was outdated and boring.
4. Digital Campaign: Until March 2020 Biden’s virtual campaign was a complete disaster, so he selected a team, and with the help of them his virtual campaign gained some steam, and from the disastrous virtual campaign to be the first American to run a general-election campaign, nearly, entirely online, his virtual campaigning proved to be effective. By the end, almost 200k volunteers were recruited and deployed for campaigning purposes.
5. Campaign Strategy: He started his campaign in 2016. He flipped 3 states-Pennsylvania(20 votes), Michigan(16 votes), Wisconsin(10 votes), these states who voted for Republicans in 2016 were now on the side of Democrats. Even though in the central part, Republicans had the upper hand Biden made sure that coastal states – with more population and more electoral votes, remain in the hold of Democrats.
Last but not the least, the factor which worked in the favor of Democrats was the handling of COVID-19 by Trump!
Along with the above-mentioned factors, as the voting was allowed using mail the working-class citizens voted at full capacity which helped Democrats gain some extra votes as traditionally working-class support Democrats.
You may be interested
Indian director Lakshadweep islands are accused of a commentary on the “biological weapon.”Tejal Gore - Jun 15, 2021
The police in India's Lakshadweep islands will be charged for a local filmmaker of the race. First, he has got to be recognized as the Federal Territories,…
Cyberpunk 2077 Innovator CD Projekt Red, Is Still chance of Data Leak Reveals New DetailsTejal Gore - Jun 15, 2021
Cyberpunk CD Projekt Red found that in February, it was not possible to negotiate with the attackers. Even if they are stolen, the data is still on…
PhonePe Provides the SEBI Complaints Against the Ventureast FundTejal Gore - Jun 14, 2021
PhonePe said that there had been a severe distortion, which includes several unethical and improper actions. The Walmart-owned digital payments platform PhonePe has been in developing in…