Air India Server and Credit Cards Details Have been Stolen
Air India on Friday evening said its servers were stolen, and details, including credit card details and personal details such as the date of birth of the flies, were stolen. The servers are now secure, Air India said.
Hackers have hacked air India on its servers.
About one million customer details have been stolen.
Air India claims to notify affected flies via email.
Air India on Friday said it was “deeply disturbed” by the details, which led to attacks on its servers by unknown assailants. Air India had reported the hacking attack in early March, but the company says it is only now that it has been able to find that details of the 4500000 flies have been disclosed. According to Air India and not a CVV or CVC number, this leaked data includes credit card details – and personal information such as a date of birth.
Air India says it is sending an email to affected customers. The company also investigates the entire incident, the attackers’ attacks, and data breaches.
Here’s what we know about Air India attacks and hacking, and data breaches
– According to Air India, partner servers processing passenger details were hacked earlier this year. These servers are part of the SITA PSS system that stores and processes passenger data. In other words, when you book a ticket via Air India, the related details are stored in the SITA PSS system.
– SITA PSS systems have been hacked earlier, although Air India does not specify when that will happen. However, it claims to have received information from a data processor on February 25 about hacking. Later in March, Air India said some of its servers were stolen.
– The company says it was initially unknown that there was a breach of information due to hacking. However, on March 25 and April 5, a data processor was notified that the private and sensitive information of nearly 4500000 passengers had been disclosed in the attack.
– Leaked information includes credit card numbers and other credit card details, date of birth, ticket number, passport details, contact numbers, and regular travel number, and Star Alliance details. However, with Air India saying that, CVV or CVC credit card numbers or PIN details have not been leaked because this Air India information is not stored.
– Air India claims that passengers affected by the information breach took a flight from August 26, 2011, to February 20, 2021. This also means that the attacks on SITA PSS attackers occurred between February 20 and February 25.
– Air India says it sends emails to affected customers, informing them of the details of the hacking attack. It doesn’t matter if you receive an email from Air India or not, and you must change your password if you have an account with Air India.
– Air India says that after the hacking, its IT support was immediately transferred to re-secure the servers. It states that it did not detect any abnormalities or abnormalities on the affected servers after being rescued.
– In a statement, Air India states: “The incident affected an estimated 4,500,000 studies worldwide. About credit card data, CVV / CVC numbers are not retained by our data processor. after discovering compromised servers. ”
– Air India’s data leak is one of the highest data breaches in India this year. Previously, there was some information about Airtel users floating around on the web. Then there was the data leak from Big Basket, which allegedly affected some Flipkart users because passwords and IDs were kept familiar.
One difference between other data breaches and that Air India has suffered is that at least Air India informs customers, even if it does so in a limited way. But given that India does not have proper data protection laws and loose regulatory requirements for data handling, many companies do not even bother to go public or inform their customers when they suffer from data breaches.
You may be interested
Indian director Lakshadweep islands are accused of a commentary on the “biological weapon.”Tejal Gore - Jun 15, 2021
The police in India's Lakshadweep islands will be charged for a local filmmaker of the race. First, he has got to be recognized as the Federal Territories,…
Cyberpunk 2077 Innovator CD Projekt Red, Is Still chance of Data Leak Reveals New DetailsTejal Gore - Jun 15, 2021
Cyberpunk CD Projekt Red found that in February, it was not possible to negotiate with the attackers. Even if they are stolen, the data is still on…
PhonePe Provides the SEBI Complaints Against the Ventureast FundTejal Gore - Jun 14, 2021
PhonePe said that there had been a severe distortion, which includes several unethical and improper actions. The Walmart-owned digital payments platform PhonePe has been in developing in…