BLADDER CANCER: Types And Symptoms
Does anyone know about “Bladder Cancer”? What does it mean or from where does it originate? What are its types and what are its symptoms? Is it preventable? If yes, then what are its measures? If anyone doesn’t know, then please go through the below context as I am going to discuss “BLADDER CANCER: Types And Symptoms“.
ABOUT THE TOPIC
Bladder cancer is a common type of cancer that originates from the cells of the bladder. The bladder is a hollow muscular organ situated in the lower abdomen which helps in storing urine. Bladder cancer most often initiates in the cells (urothelial cells) that line the inside of the bladder. Bladder cancers mostly detected at an early stage when it is highly treatable. But even after successful treatment of bladder cancer at an early stage, it can again originate in the bladder. So to know the condition, the patients after the successful treatment also have to go for follow-up tests for several years.
Following are bladder cancer symptoms and signs:-
Blood comes in urine which makes the urine to looks red or cola-colored but sometimes it seems normal.
Frequent and painful urination
Bladder cancer starts when cells present in the bladder develop changes i.e. mutation in their DNA. A cell’s DNA contains certain instructions that guide the cells on what to do. The changes instruct the cells to multiply rapidly and to go on living when healthy cells would die. Therefore, the abdominal cells form a tumor that can enter to occupy and destroy other body tissues. With time, abdominal cells can break and spread through the body.
There are different types of cells in one’s bladder which can turn cancerous with time. Thus, the type of bladder cancer directly depends upon the type of bladder cell from where cancer originates.
There are three types of bladder cancer:-
1. Urothelial carcinoma:- It occurs in the cells that line the inside of the bladder. Urothelial cells expand when one’s bladder is full and contract when one’s bladder is empty.
2. Squamous cell carcinoma:- It is generally associated with chronic irritation of the bladder that arises from an infection or long term use of a urinary catheter.
3. Adenocarcinoma:- It starts in those cells that help to make mucus-secreting glands in the bladder. This type of cancer is very rarely found.
Preventive measures for this type of cancer is shown below:-
1. Say no to smoking:- If one doesn’t smoke, then don’t start it. But if someone is smoking for years then he/she must have to consult a doctor to prepare a plan to stop this habit.
2. Take caution around chemicals:- If one is working in a laboratory with chemicals then he/she must have to read all precautions before performing any experiment to avoid getting infected.
From the above, we can conclude that bladder cancer can recur after a successful operation too, so everyone should adopt preventive steps to avoid such kind of disease.
You may be interested
A Nuclear Atom – The Deadly Power Of The Atomic BombManas Thakker - Jan 22, 2021
More than seventy years ago, the deadly power of the atomic bomb was rebranded as the peaceful atom. It was considered to be the new source of…
The Stock Market – What Exactly Is It Measuring?Manas Thakker - Jan 22, 2021
Listening, hearing, and watching the news about the stock market morning, day, and night you can't help but wonder why do we have to hear all this?…