Detoxifying Yourself after a Heavy Meal
Having a big and heavy meal is a common thing, especially when you are with your friends or having a get-together. You end up eating so much at times that you tend to get suffocated. When a large amount of food is consumed, toxins get developed in your body. Detoxifying after the meal is required as these toxins might harm you. We will look at some of the methods of detoxifying after a meal.
- Eat fiber containing vegetables: One of the common methods of detoxifying after heavy meal is to consume some fiber containing foods in the next meal. Foods with fiber content in it will help in the excretion process. Some of the fiber containing fruits also are rich in antioxidants. This will help in the alkalization of your gut in response to the acids and toxins present in it.
- Hydrate yourself: Water is an important component required for the digestion of food. It also helps in flushing out the toxins and other waste from your body. This will reduce bloating and also will give a boost to your metabolism. Water should be taken after the meal is completed.
- Avoid taking a nap: Some people have a habit of going to sleep after having a heavy meal. This practice should not be followed as it causes acid reflux and heartburn. People should atleast maintain a two hour gap between their meals and their sleep. Instead of taking a nap, people can just go out for a stroll or just sit up or do some activity.
- Green tea: Having a cup of green tea in the morning is beneficial for you if have a heavy stomach. Green tea is rich in antioxidants which helps in detoxifying by reducing the toxin levels.
- Hot water with lemon: Having a cup of hot water with lemon in it will have a good effect on your digestive system. It not only boosts your immunity but also flushes out toxins by regulating your pH levels.
You may be interested
Zerodha Co-Founder Nikhil Kamath Apologises Viswanathan Anand for cheating in ChessTejal Gore - Jun 18, 2021
Nikhil Kamath, USA. Viswanathan Anand, According to the Forbes report, it's amazing, Nikhil reports Anand, who resigned after 34 moves. Computer analysis of Nikhil in the game…
New Mutant Delta Plus Variant of Coronavirus: Everything You Need To KnowTejal Gore - Jun 17, 2021
New Delhi: What is the Delta-Plus-function. Is there anything to be worried about? The delta is a function of the SARS-CoV-2, which has been identified as the…