Detoxifying Yourself after a Heavy Meal
Having a big and heavy meal is a common thing, especially when you are with your friends or having a get-together. You end up eating so much at times that you tend to get suffocated. When a large amount of food is consumed, toxins get developed in your body. Detoxifying after the meal is required as these toxins might harm you. We will look at some of the methods of detoxifying after a meal.
- Eat fiber containing vegetables: One of the common methods of detoxifying after heavy meal is to consume some fiber containing foods in the next meal. Foods with fiber content in it will help in the excretion process. Some of the fiber containing fruits also are rich in antioxidants. This will help in the alkalization of your gut in response to the acids and toxins present in it.
- Hydrate yourself: Water is an important component required for the digestion of food. It also helps in flushing out the toxins and other waste from your body. This will reduce bloating and also will give a boost to your metabolism. Water should be taken after the meal is completed.
- Avoid taking a nap: Some people have a habit of going to sleep after having a heavy meal. This practice should not be followed as it causes acid reflux and heartburn. People should atleast maintain a two hour gap between their meals and their sleep. Instead of taking a nap, people can just go out for a stroll or just sit up or do some activity.
- Green tea: Having a cup of green tea in the morning is beneficial for you if have a heavy stomach. Green tea is rich in antioxidants which helps in detoxifying by reducing the toxin levels.
- Hot water with lemon: Having a cup of hot water with lemon in it will have a good effect on your digestive system. It not only boosts your immunity but also flushes out toxins by regulating your pH levels.
You may be interested
E-Learning-A New and Modern Way to LearnNidhi Sharma - Aug 05, 2021
E-Learning-A new and modern way to Learn Learning is a continuous process that starts from our first day on earth and lasts till the last breath. Learning…
High fuel prices force people to cut costs on health services:Tejal Gore - Aug 05, 2021
New Delhi: High fuel prices have been a major concern over the past few months, so much so that they now cost the average consumer, according to a…
Staying at home Students look for tangible jobs, Living lessons are encouraged in this EpidemicTejal Gore - Jul 13, 2021
Covid-19 has now been a part of our lives for over a year. Although it has affected people worldwide in many ways, it has profoundly changed students'…