Few Unknown Things About Dark Web

Dark Web

The internet, in general, can be categorized into three – Surface Web, Deep Web, and Dark Web. The results that Google’s search algorithm generates whenever we search for something is known as the Surface Net and that consists of only 4% of the total! The rest 96 percent is Deep Web and Dark Web. Deep Web and Dark Web are more or less the same with Dark web being the superset of Deep Web with some extra complexities.

What is the Dark Web?

It refers to encrypted online content that is not listed by conventional search engines. Thus, normal search engines like Google, Yahoo, Yandex, etcetera don’t have the websites and content that Dark Web has. To access such a web one has to use a Virtual Private Network or can use browsers like Tor Browser. Everything on this web is not illegal but any illegal activity that takes place online is done on this web.

What are the illegal activities that take place on this web?

To begin with, the prime reason that led to the censoring of this web in many countries is the sale of weapons. Many countries like China, Turkey have censored various browsers because of this. Also, drug trafficking, human trafficking are also amongst those illegal activities that take place. There many other such activities like the sale of the skin of some extinct animal, drug smuggling, bank details of anyone, and many more. It is also said that the active members of some secret societies like the Illuminati communicate using this web. Recently a concept of Red room was busted by an expert wherein channels get paid for live-streaming the torture of some other person or some animal terrifying, isn’t it? All transactions on such a web take place in the form of cryptocurrency.

Are there any visible advantages of this web?

This web helps people to maintain the privacy of people and enables them to express their views freely without the concern of being retaliated. With social media posts and discussions being constantly monitored and tracked such masking of IP addresses helps users to be a part of some honest and important discussions. Finally, the most important one is the popularity of such a web with criminals makes it a perfect way for undercover police officers to try and discover the identities of such criminals.

Thus, this web has its advantages as well as disadvantages but given the magnitude of illegal activities, this web has been censored by various countries.

So to conclude, given all the activities that take place on the Dark Web it is in the favor of humanity, and oneself, to not use this web as the consequences of such mindless activity could be extremely severe!

You may be interested

ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE-How it is Affecting Us
Techies
shares69 views
Techies
shares69 views

ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE-How it is Affecting Us

Divya Sen - Nov 28, 2020

The 21st century doesn't need an introduction to machine intelligence, people around us are already aware of the term that what is Artificial Intelligence by seeing or…

ONLINE INTERNSHIP: A Learning Platform Like No Other
Career
shares121 views
Career
shares121 views

ONLINE INTERNSHIP: A Learning Platform Like No Other

Manas Thakker - Nov 27, 2020

An internship can be considered as a job training program for Undergraduates or any beginner, in other words, an official program offered by an employer to potential…

Innovations That Can Make Our Devices Completely Wireless
Techies
shares78 views
Techies
shares78 views

Innovations That Can Make Our Devices Completely Wireless

Aditya Mahesh - Nov 26, 2020

It is often seen that people get irritated when they see a clumsy set of wires looped up around each other in our homes and workspace. Whether…

Most from this category

SmartPhone- How It Effecting Us
Techies
shares108 views
shares108 views

SmartPhone- How It Effecting Us

Divya Sen - Nov 26, 2020
Cashless Society: Post COVID-19 World
News
shares127 views
shares127 views

Cashless Society: Post COVID-19 World

Manas Thakker - Nov 26, 2020
What will Cars In The Future Look Like
Techies
shares92 views
shares92 views

What will Cars In The Future Look Like

Aditya Mahesh - Nov 25, 2020