We all know how much dangerous and life-threatening cancer is. Does anyone know about pancreatic cancer in somewhat details? What are its symptoms, complications and risk factors? If no, then please go through the below as I am going to discuss “PANCREATIC CANCER” in the below-mentioned context.
ABOUT THE TOPIC
Pancreatic cancer is the one which usually begins in one’s tissues present in the pancreas (an organ in the abdomen lies behind the lower part of the stomach). The pancreas is that organ in one’s body which releases enzymes that help in digestion and produces hormones to manage blood sugar level. Pancreatic cancer is hardly detected at its early stage when it is most curable. This is because this often doesn’t show any symptoms until it spreads to other parts of the body.
Signs and symptoms of pancreatic cancer usually don’t appear at its initial stage. It seems to appear once it reaches advanced stages. Below are the symptoms of pancreatic cancer:-
- Abdominal pain that radiates to one’s back
- Once skin started to appear to yellowish and the whites of eyes too
- Light coloured stools
- Dark coloured urine
- Occurring new disease like diabetes or if someone already has diabetes then it will become more difficult to control
- Blood clots
Every disease has some risk factors. Like others, pancreatic cancer also bear some risk factors which are illustrated below:-
- Smoking is the first risk factor for this cancer which increases the risk of getting acquired by pancreatic cancer.
- Another risk factor to get infected by this disease is diabetes
- Chronic inflammation of the pancreas
- If one in the family has some genetic syndrome then it increases the risk of someone else in the coming generation to acquire this kind of disease which includes BRCA2 gene mutation, Lynch syndrome, etc.
- If one in the family has pancreatic cancer then it increases the risk of getting infected by this disease for someone in the next generation
Research told after doing studies that the combination of risk factors like smoking, long-standing diabetes, and a poor diet increases the risk of acquiring this disease as compared to the risk of getting above one factor alone.
As pancreatic cancer in one’s body progresses, it also increases the complication in the individual’s body who is suffering from this disease and few complications are listed below:-
- Weight loss:- Several factors arise in one’s body suffering from pancreatic cancer which may cause weight loss in that individual.
- Jaundice:- Pancreatic cancer which blocks the bile duct can cause jaundice. Signs include eyes and skin turn yellowish, dark-coloured urine, etc.
From the above, we can conclude that one can also reduce the risk of getting infected by this disease if one reads and understand the above and tries to avoid those things in his/her daily life which are responsible for causing of this type of cancer.